Tomoka State Park needs July-August 2021 campground hosts! Campground hosts answer questions, help with maintenance and are available for late-night emergencies. A campsite is provided in return at no charge. Couples welcome!
IMPORTANT: MAXIMUM CAMPER/RV/RIG SIZE 34 FEET. No sewer hookup provided on campsites.
Volunteer Position Title: Campground Host
Volunteer Manager: Aggie Armstrong - Aggie.Armstrong@dep.state.fl.us
Job Type: Maintenance
Schedule: This position is for a maximum of two (2) months only. Minimum of 20 hours per week, 5 shifts of 4 hours each day - 2 days off and 5 days on are required. Dates needed filled are for July 2021 and August 2021.
Regular Job Duties: Performs general maintenance of 1 restroom building in the campground. Tasks include, but not limited to, daily bathhouse cleaning/sanitizing and stocking and serve as a camper resource. This is a strenuous job at times, must be able to clean bathhouses thoroughly and provide extra support for campsite cleaning (if needed). Must be able to work in all weather conditions - rain or shine and in the heat.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required: Campground hosts must:
· Be able to work 20 hours a week outdoors and in all weather conditions - Florida summers are very hot with near-daily rain!
· Be comfortable working as a part of a team
· Stay in a designated campground volunteer site
· Have a valid driver's license
· Be able to pass a sexual offender background check
· Be at least 18 years old
Knowledge/Skills/Experience Preferred: Experience working in a campground, state park, ranger station, and/or in customer service. Previous park references preferred.
Training: All hands-on and online training will be provided in-house.
• Ability to collaborate with volunteers and park staff at Tomoka Basin State Parks
• Make a difference in preserving, interpreting and restoring our natural and cultural resources
• Contribute 50 hours of service and receive 6 free park entries to any state park excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Wildlife State Park, Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park
• Contribute 250 hours of service and receive year-long free admission to all parks excluding Ellie Schiller Homosassa Wildlife State Park, Skyway Fishing Pier State Park, and Weeki Wachee Springs State Park
• Volunteer recognition events, certificates, awards and more!
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.