Once you click Register you will be navigated to the American Red Cross website to complete volunteer registration. You must complete the volunteer form and additional requirements on the American Red Cross page to be considered a volunteer. Simply Registering on this platform and not following through with the external page will not register you for the opportunity and you will not be in the Red Cross' system of volunteers.
The American Red Cross has an urgent need for Facility Screeners at our Douglasville, GA location to ensure we are able to continue delivering services to our communities. These volunteers welcome visitors to Red Cross facilities or blood drives and take their temperature before they enter. Visitors could include potential blood donors, people seeking help, course participants, and Red Cross employees and volunteers. We would greatly appreciate your help in spreading the word!
This position and temperature-taking screening station is part of additional screening the American Red Cross has implemented in the interest of the safety of the blood supply, recipients, other donors, staff, volunteers, and general public health regarding COVID-2019 outbreaks.
- Greet visitors and model excellent customer service behaviors.
- Manage visitor flow at temperature taking the station to ensure only visitors passing temp screen are permitted access into the Red Cross facility.
- Explain the purpose of temperature screen to visitors and ensure they understand the reason for facility or donation deferral if applicable.
- Facility Screeners will wear gloves at all times and change them between each visitor.
- Facility Screeners will use a new probe cover on an electronic thermometer or a new disposable thermometer for each visitor.
- Facility Screeners will be required to wear a facemask while working.
Shifts are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 – 11:30 a.m. and 11:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m
- Ability to display the utmost professionalism and communication skills using diplomacy and tact
- Extremely comfortable working with people from diverse communities and backgrounds
- Ability to understand technology needed for position
Wondering if you should register to volunteer? Based on the CDC guidelines, we are asking you the following questions:
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
Register for "American Red Cross: Volunteer Facility Screener"
Volunteer Programs wrote on November 5th, 2020
Attention students interested in this opportunity: Once you click Register you will be navigated to the American Red Cross website to complete volunteer registration. You must complete the volunteer form on the American Red Cross page to be considered a volunteer. Simply Registering on this platform and not following through with the external page will not register you for the opportunity and you will not be in the Red Cross' system of volunteers.