We are seeking four volunteers to assist our Black Resilience Fund program's Fundraising Department with the Juneteenth PDX 2021 campaign! The Black Resilience Fund is an emergency fund dedicated to healing and resilience by providing immediate resources to Black Portlanders. Juneteenth PDX 2021 invites local businesses to show their support by pledging 19% of sales to the Black Resilience Fund. Please check out our website for additional details.
We need four volunteers to commit 1-3 hours a week until July 31st to support us with the following tasks:
- Business Contact
- Graphic Design
- Mutual Aid Donation Station Coordination
- Portland Black History Researchers
- Neighborhood Canvassing
Most tasks are virtual, can be completed remotely, and allow for flexible volunteer hours.
The following skills are recommended but not required:
- Comfortable calling/emailing donors and businesses
- Comfortable working with google suite (word, excel, drive)
- Comfortable working with Database software (such as airtable)
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.