Safe Place is a national youth outreach and prevention program for young people in need of immediate help and safety.
As a community-based program, businesses and organizations are designated as Safe Place locations, making help readily available to our youth in distress.
Locations include: libraries, YMCA’s fire stations, public buses, various businesses, and social service facilities.
Volunteers (7 to 10) are needed to visit over 60 designated safe place sites throughout the city of Fort Wayne:
- fill out a checklist to help ensure sites are prepared and ready to fulfill their commitment as a Safe Place.
- a 1-hour training will be provided on how to walk through the checklist with staff at the Safe Place Sites
- receive assignments to designated sites for site visits
- when finished return the completed checklist to the Safe Place Coordinator
- site visits need to be completed by September 23
- Have you been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19? See the CDC’s risk assessment guidance.
- Do you have symptoms consistent with COVID-19? Symptoms can include a cough or shortness of breath or at least two of the following: Fever, Chills, Repeated shaking with chills, Muscle pain, Headache, Sore throat, New loss of taste or smell. See the CDC’s symptom information.
Tim Hallman wrote on September 20th, 2021
VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITY THIS THURSDAY EVENING - Sept 23 :: from 4:30pm to 6:30pm volunteer with the YMCA at The Phoenix for their fundraiser that supports Youth Service Bureau, which includes our anti-trafficking Safe Place program. We need three to five volunteers for at least two hours this Thursday. Please email me at email@example.com if you are interested and available. Or you can text me at 260-417-1668 - thanks so much!! --Tim
Tim Hallman wrote on September 3rd, 2021
Thanks for your interest in volunteering to Check Up on Safe Place Sites! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org so that I can connect with you with the volunteer coordinator for this project!