Second Harvest Food Bank of Metrolina provides a regional distribution warehouse and branches that supply food and grocery items to charitable agencies that assist people in need. We provide training, technical assistance and hunger education to our partner agencies. We serve a total of 24 counties - 14 counties in North Carolina including Anson, Burke, Cabarrus, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Rowan, Rutherford, Stanly and Union. We serve 10 counties in South Carolina including Abbeville, Anderson, Cherokee, Greenwood, Lancaster, Oconee, Pickens, Spartanburg, Union, and York.
- Volunteers must be 17 years or older.
- All volunteers MUST wear masks and prepare to social distance.
- Please wear closed-toed shoes (no sandals or flip flops) and wear comfortable clothes as you will be in a warehouse.
- Please plan to arrive 15 minutes early.
- No outside food or drinks of any kind are permitted in our building. Volunteer Stations in the warehouse will have bottled water for our volunteers. Please have a snack or finish your coffee before you enter our building.
- If you have questions about this project, please call Renee Pfefer at 914-806-2834.
Entrance: Please go to the parking lot on the left side of our building, go towards the back of our building and you will see a ramp with doors that are marked entrance.